Skip to content

There is ALWAYS Something

March 7, 2015

See, she was fine last night!

I swear y’all I cannot make this stuff up. So this is finally the last weekend of Girl Scout cookie sales. It’s been a long six weeks of sales, but there is finally a light at the end of that tunnel. Let’s just remember last year. The last Wednesday of cookie sales is when the Little One took the “epic fall” off of the monkey bars. She and I spent the last two days of cookie sales on the couch trying to keep her pain under control, while The Husband, the Big One and a couple great friends sold their booties off unloading 165 boxes of cookies. It was a huge cookie selling weekend.

So here we are again the final weekend of cookie sales. The Husband is TDY for Reserves stuff so it’s up to me and the girls to get this done. We don’t have nearly as many boxes – only 97 to be exact. We had it all planned out. We were going to sell out this evening at our booth sale and actually be able to CANCEL a sale tomorrow. It was going to be great.

Then at about 4 a.m. I hear that awful sound of barf. The Little One unleashed the vomit-monster. I flew out of bed to check on her. Fortunately she was quick enough to grab her bedroom trash can to corral the mess (Thank you God!). I have no idea where it came from, she was fine when she went to bed.

I swapped out her trash can with a small bucket and went to clean up the mess. Of course the child had not emptied her bedroom trash can in a while so this was not a quick dump it in the toilet and flush kind of clean up. I don’t know what she had been doing in her room, but her trash can was full of tiny pieces of cut-up paper. A million little scraps that were now stuck to the bottom and sides of the trash can. I went to the kitchen to try and clean up the mess. Of course all those tiny pieces of paper were colored with red and orange marker. So when I put some water in the can to try and clean it out it looked awful. I couldn’t decipher what the kid had even thrown up because the colored paper was now running and the trash can looked like it was full of red watery mess.

So I dumped all the mess into a small plastic bag to take outside to the big trash can. I paused at the back door to flip the back patio lights on. (I needed to make sure there were no skunks or opossums running around back there). After a few seconds I opened the back door and the damn dog attempted to bolt into the back door. I screamed, she panicked. It was not pretty. (Again, thank You God, in my panic I was able to hold onto the bag of barfy, papery, watery mess)

I calmed my heartrate, called the poor dog some choice words and then finally got the bag of barf into the big trashcan. I went back inside to check on the Little One. She was now resting in bed. So I crawled back into my bed and tried to go back to sleep. It didn’t take long before I was once again startled straight out of bed, this time it was Gracie (the damn dog) barfing. She at least made it outside. Got the dog calmed down and tried once again to go back to sleep.

Well, that was not happening. Every thirty minutes for the next two and a half hours, the Little One continued to barf. Meanwhile the dog’s stomach also continued to make all sorts of strange noises.

So now we are in a holding pattern to see what the day will hold. She’s been barf-free for a bit now and I am hoping against all hope she stays well enough for the booth sale at 5 p.m. tonight. If not, y’all are going to have to help me out with this crazy cookie business (again!)

No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: